I’ve recently seen a similar salad making it’s way around Pinterest, and wanted to give it a try. I’m not a big poppy seed fan, however, and that is the dressing on the other–it does look good overall, but a little bland for my taste buds. I altered a few things, added some new flavors, and came up with this:
Spinach, Strawberry & Avocado Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 3 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Pint Fresh Organic Strawberries (maybe a bit more), washed & sliced
- 1 Avocado, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 Sweet Red Onion, thinly sliced
- About 1/2 Cup (little less) sliced raw almonds
- 1/4 Cup Goat Cheese, Crumbled
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 Pint Fresh Organic Strawberries, washed
- 2 TBS Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 lime wedge, skin removed
- 1 TBS Organic Sugar
- 3 Large stems Fresh Mint, chopped
I like blending my greens with the dressing prior to adding the other ingredients, as it softens the spinach leaves and blends the dressing through the whole salad. This is such a nice Summer Salad! Hope you all enjoy!
For the Love of Your Life!