The following was excerpted from a social media post that crossed my digital path a few days ago, and I highly appreciate it. It’s not insanely profound or life-changing. Just simple truths from one man on the path about what it means to be “An Evolved Man.”
As I read through, I began wondering how “An Evolved Woman” might compare–and I became inspired to come up with my own version. Since this is the path on which I humbly stumble, it is helpful to acknowledge that this is a vision toward which I strive.
This is mine, anyway. What’s yours?
10 signs he’s an evolved man
By Graham R White
1. He listens to and respects women: A gentleman never refers to ANY woman with defamatory language, because he has class.
2. He has the courage to ask for help and his ego is under control. He’s secure enough to do personal work with the support of those who can help him heal childhood trauma.
3. He is guided by a purpose and personal belief system. His decisions are based on a sense that something greater than his individuality exists.
4. He mentors youth because he recognizes the responsibility to share the wisdom of experience. As a father, a coach, a teacher or leader in the community he gives back.
5. His worth is determined by what he does, not what he owns. He looks after his financial responsibilities, but the lives he touches matter more than the buildings or businesses he builds.
6. He challenges himself and constantly seeks opportunities to develop his mind. His goal is not to win, but to grow.
7. Sex isn’t something he gets, but the result of the trust and connection his energy creates. He is not led by a ‘need’, and he doesn’t wait to be led. He’s absolute class in public and maintains discretion about his ravishing activities in private.
8. He lives without reservation and nothing to hide. His authentic life is enough that the praise about him happens when others are talking, not self-aggrandizement.
9. He looks for ways to make his world bigger, by developing friendships, travel and expanding his circles of influence to include people with different backgrounds and beliefs.
10. All things flow outward from his purpose. He is guided by a clear sense of who he is and while his vision of what he’s here to do may be audacious, it never comes across with arrogance.
That, is an Evolved man.
Graham R White
10 Qualities of An Evolved Woman
By Angie Tsiatsos Phillips
1. She has cultivated the ability to soothe her emotions—While she trusts herself enough to allow her own chaos, her pain, her anger, intensity, unabashed love to fill a room, she also knows how to return to her center. She knows how to track sensations and thoughts with an observing mind, and honor the innate wisdom of her body.
2. She has a respect for the unique perspective, and emotional body, of men. She does not generalize and mock the differences in men and women—as society reinforces—but thrives and becomes further awakened by the polarities of masculine-feminine natures.
3. She can yield completely into her emotional drives, without fear, yet trusts her developed moral compass to guide choices that affirm her integrity.
4. She shares her natural strength in nourishing those around her—her children, her partner, her friends and family—because she is connected to God/Goddess energy and however it lives through her, and it emanates from the core of her being. From a position of strength, she provides open arms and heart for others to yield into Love.
5. Her worth is determined by the depth and potency of her relationships. She is self-actualized, yet her self-actualization may be in a professional role, a mothering role, or any number of roles that engage her passion. And in whatever role she exists, she deepens her experience, along with those around her, by her authentic and embodied presence.
6. She stands firm in her unique physical beauty, in whatever form that arises, but she does not value that more highly than her mind or her heart. She attends to her body, mind, and heart through practiced self-care. She is an advocate for other women to own their individual essence and power, and rather than shy away from them, she joins with them, knowing that when powerful women join forces, the world changes.
7. Her sexuality is alive in her eyes, in her hips, and in her movement. She is comfortable owning her deepest desires and asking for all that she craves, physically, emotionally, and spiritually with an intimate partner. She highly values the power of her sensuality and uses great care in sharing that energy. She knows how to come alive to a partner’s attuned touch and sink into the most primal language of her body.
8. She owns her space in the world—wherever, and with whomever, she is. She lives fully awake and with integrity, consistently checking in and taking ownership of slips and trips along the way, but with gentleness toward herself and toward others. She is able to pause… breathe, and sink into her deepest truth, even when life brings intense challenge.
9. She is curious, and she allows her curiosity and innate trust to guide her into attracting the next level of learning, the right people and experiences, from which she will ultimately expand her awareness as well as be able to express immense generativity to the world around her.
10. She speaks, moves, and lives from an internal source of love—her heart, mind, and body in fluid alignment and with transparency that opens her to the honest reflection from those around her. She validates her own experience while strengthening her ability to open to the unique experiences and perspectives of others.
That is an evolved woman… in my humble opinion
For the Love of Your Life,