Here we go with my little food fling, once again… Into the land of Paleo. I feel as if I must continue to claim my anti-absolutist stance when it comes to these foods and I’m really not sure why–I’m pretty sure it has something to do with my ego and my resistance to drinking anyone else’s Kool-aid!
These are just plain yummy, and a great source of energy to boot! I came up with the idea because I saw something similar on the Justin’s website, using peanut butter, sans the paleo crunch, and my mind started spinning. Here’s what I came up with:
Paleo Power Truffles
2 Cups Almond Butter, crunchy or creamy (my intent was to use Justin’s but I wasn’t willing to spend the $11, compared to the $6.99 Whole Foods brand!)
1/3 Cup Grade A Maple Syrup
¼ Cup Coconut Flour
½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
2/3 Cup Paleo Crunch, chopped (plus a small amount to sprinkle on top).
(I chopped this kind of course in a small hand chopper)
1 Box Chocolove Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, syrup, coconut flour, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add Paleo Crunch and stir until well combined.
- Form into bite-sized balls, place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, and refrigerate.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate on low-medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Dip each almond butter ball into the chocolate and place back onto the parchment.
- Sprinkle the remainder of paleo crunch on top.
- Freeze the balls for about 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Enjoy! (yields about 24 balls)
- Keep refrigerated
My kids were devouring these and I didn’t even have to feel bad. No refined sugar, no weird additives… just good, nutritious, whole food! (Okay, a little sugar in the chocolate, but not much and…. well, it is dark chocolate!)
I’d love to hear your feedback!
For the Love of Your Life!